There are two special categories of CCDW licenses: Judicial Special Status CCDW and Certified Peace Officer CCDW. These special categories require supplemental forms to be completed in addition to the application obtained at local sheriff’s offices.
Judicial Special Status Licenses
The following individuals are eligible for a “Judicial Special Status” Carry Concealed Deadly Weapon (CCDW) License pursuant to KRS 527.020.
- Active or Retired Commonwealth/Assistant Commonwealth Attorney
- Active or Retired County/Assistant County Attorney
- Active or Retired Circuit/District Judges
- Active or Retired Appeals Court Judges
- Active or Retired Supreme Court Judges
- A retired peace officer who holds a concealed deadly weapon license issued pursuant to the federal Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act, 18 U.S.C. sec. 926C, and KRS 237.138 to 237.142.
For more information on Concealed Deadly Weapons please call: 502-782-9781