File a Civilian Collision Report

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

An officer handed me this form to fill out. What do I do now?

Complete the form and make 2 copies, one for your records and one for your insurance company. Mail the original to:

Kentucky State Police Records
Attn: Crash
1266 Louisville Road
Frankfort, KY 40601

I forgot to make a copy. What do I do now?

1.)  You may print a blank form from our public website at the link provided below and submit the form again.

2.)  You may mail in a written request for a copy of the form, including your name, the date and county of the collision, and a $5 check or money order made payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer.

3. I mailed in the form but I haven’t heard anything back.

You will not hear anything back from the records department. There is no further investigation on our part.  We are simply the state repository.  We maintain a copy of your report for a period of three years in the event that you misplace your copy.

4. Do I need to mail in any additional information, such as a copy of my insurance card?

Any documentation that is received other than the civilian collision report form will be either shredded or returned to you.  Please do not include pictures, insurance cards, driver’s licenses, etc.  We can only maintain the civilian collision report in our database.