MADISONVILLE, KY. (December 1, 2017) – Captain Tim Adams, Commander KSP Post 2 Madisonville, reports the following activity for the month of October 2017:
- Arrested 17 Impaired Drivers
- Issued a Total of 916 Citations
- Issued 303 Speeding Citations
- Issued 76 Seatbelt Citations
- Issued 14 Child Restraint Citations
- Issued 430 Courtesy Notices
- Investigated 56 Traffic Crashes
- Assisted 121 Stranded Motorists
- Responded to 511 Calls for Service
- Opened 36 Criminal Cases
- Made 179 Criminal Arrests
**There were four fatal crashes that resulted in the loss of four lives reported in the Post 2 District in November 2017
- One, pedestrian was struck by a vehicle in Christian County in Oak Grove.
- One, pedestrian was struck by a vehicle in Caldwell County in Princeton
- One, single fatality crash in Christian County on State Route 115.
- One, single fatality crash in Crittenden County on US 60 10.5 miles east of Marion.
Through November 30, 2017, there have been thirty-five (35) persons killed in the Post 2 District: fifteen (15) victims were not wearing a seatbelt, fourteen (14) victims were wearing a seatbelt, one (1) victims seatbelt were unknown, two (2) victims were not wearing a helmet (motorcycle), one (1) victims were wearing a helmet (motorcycle), zero (0) victim helmet was unknown (motorcycle), zero (0) were bicyclists and two (2) victims were pedestrians. Two (2) fatality crash involved the suspected use of alcohol. Post 2 serves the following counties: Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Hopkins, Muhlenberg, Todd, and Webster.
**These statistics are still preliminary as KSP waits for all local law enforcement agencies throughout the state to report any crashes and fatalities that may have occurred in their areas.
KSP has a toll-free number (1-800-222-5555) that citizens can call to confidentially report impaired drivers or criminal activity. They can also download the free KSP mobile phone app. The app provides quick, direct access to KSP including weather, road and traffic information as well as text, voice and photo tip capabilities to report criminal behavior. The app is available for iPhone, iPad and Android applications and can be easily downloaded free of charge through Apple and Google Play stores.