Hazard, KY. (December 17, 2020) – Kentucky State Police, Post 13, Hazard, is seeking to fill one full-time telecommunicator position.
KSP Telecommunicators handle dispatch duties for Kentucky State Troopers, Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Officers, Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Conservation Officers and other emergency service agencies. Most importantly, they are the calming voice on the other line when someone calls 911.
KSP recognizes the importance and significance of the Police Telecommunicator to both trooper and public safety by providing the training and equipment necessary for success, including a five-week paid training academy to become certified with the Kentucky Law Enforcement Council.
Requirements to become a KSP Telecommunicator include:
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to handle extremely stressful and challenging conditions;
- Handle flexible work schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays;
- Ability to learn and adapt, especially in areas of technology.
- Must be a High School Graduate
If you’re interested in a Telecommunicator position with the Kentucky State Police, Post 13, Hazard, you may apply at, https://kypersonnelcabinet.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=20417&site=2 or contact Hazard Telecommunications supervisor Chris Hays at 606-435-6069.
# # #