Crofton, Ky. (Christian County) – On October 10, 2021, Trooper Justin Cornett observed a 2020 Toyota Camry speeding at 100 miles per hour and driving recklessly on the Pennyrile Parkway, Southbound near Crofton, KY.
Trooper Cornett initiated a traffic stop on the vehicle around 1:25 PM, and identified the operator as 38-year-old Antonio Lamar Matlock, of Hopkinsville, Ky. Through further investigation, Trooper Cornett discovered over one pound of suspected methamphetamine, suspected ecstasy pills, marijuana, and drug paraphernalia inside Matlock’s vehicle.
Antonia Lamar Matlock was arrested and lodged in the Christian County Detention Center where he was charged with the following:
- Speeding 26 MPH or greater over the speed limit
- Reckless driving
- Following another vehicle too closely
- Failure to or improper signal
- Trafficking in Controlled Substance, 1st Degree, 1st Offense – (> or = 2 GMS Methamphetamine)
- Trafficking in Controlled substance, 1st degree, 1st offense – (> or = 10 dosage units, drug unspecified)
- Possession of Marijuana
- Driving on a DUI suspended license – 1st offense (aggravating circumstances)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
# # #