Madisonville, Ky. (Hopkins County) – On February 1, 2020 at approximately 9:33 PM, Trooper Cody Kromer, of Kentucky State Police Post 2 in Madisonville, observed a 1999 Chevrolet pickup truck disregard a stop sign, and operate carelessly on South Main Street in Madisonville, Ky.
Trooper Kromer initiated a traffic stop on the pickup, where he came in contact with the operator, identified as, Krystal Gipson, age 35, of Madisonville, Ky. Through further investigation, Trooper Kromer determined Gipson to be under the influence, and discovered suspected synthetic drugs inside her vehicle.
Krystal Gipson was arrested, and while being lodged at the Hopkins County Detention Center, a body x-ray revealed Gipson to be in possession of suspected methamphetamine.
Krystal Gipson was charged with the following:
- Disregarding Stop Sign
- Careless Driving
- Operating on Suspended or Revoked Operator’s License
- Failure of Non-owner to Maintain Required Ins/Sec, 1st Offense
- Possession of Synthetic Drugs – 2nd or Subsequent Offense
- DUI 1st
- Tampering with Physical Evidence
- Possession of Controlled Substance 1st Degree, 1st Offense (Methamphetamine)
# # #