Drakesboro, Ky. (Muhlenburg County) – On February 3, 2021, around 9:42 PM, Trooper Justin Cornett, of Kentucky State Police Post 2, observed a 2004 Nissan Xterra disregard a stop sign on Cardinal Drive in Drakesboro.
Trooper Cornett initiated a traffic stop on the vehicle, where he identified the operator as 45-year-old James Earl Hays, of Greenville, Ky. Through investigation, Trooper Cornett discovered Hays, a convicted felon, was trafficking methamphetamine, in possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, pills, and a handgun.
James Earl Hays was arrested and lodged in the Muhlenberg County Detention Center where he was charged with the following:
- Disregarding Stop Sign
- No Registration Plates
- No Registration Receipt
- Operating on Suspended or Revoked Operator’s License
- Trafficking in Controlled Substance, 1st Degree, 1st Offense (> or = 2 GMS Methamphetamine) (Enhanced)
- Possession of Marijuana (Enhanced)
- Possession of Controlled Substance, 3rd Degree- Drug Unspecified (Enhanced)
- Possession of Handgun by Convicted Felon
- Drug Paraphernalia- Buy/Possess
# # #