Madisonville, Ky. (Hopkins County) – Trooper Ridge Porter of Kentucky State Police, Post 2 in Madisonville, arrested an Earlington resident for possession of methamphetamine on March 19, 2020.
Trooper Porter initiated a traffic stop on a gray Chevrolet Equinox around 10:25 PM, after observing the vehicle operating carelessly on US 41 in Madisonville. Through investigation, Trooper Porter determined the operator, 35-year-old Earlington resident, John McCulley, had been operating his vehicle under the influence. The trooper also discovered McCulley was in possession of suspected methamphetamine, prescription pills, and drug paraphernalia.
John McCulley was arrested and lodged in the Hopkins County Detention Center, where he was charged with the following:
- Careless Driving
- Failure to Wear Seat Belts
- DUI 1st
- Tampering with Physical Evidence
- Possession of Controlled Substance 1st Degree, 1st Offense Methamphetamine)
- Drug Paraphernalia- Buy/Possess
- Possession of Controlled Substance, 3rd Degree- Drug Unspecified
- Prescription Controlled Substance not in Proper Container
# # #