Hopkinsville, Ky. (Christian County) – On May 19, 2020 around 6:24 PM, Trooper Hunter Carrol, of Kentucky State Police Post 2 in Madisonville, began assisting the Hopkinsville Police Department in pursuing a 2020 black Jeep Compass, on US-41, south of Hopkinsville. The vehicle had fled from Montgomery County Deputies earlier that day, when one of their deputies attempted stop the vehicle on a traffic stop.
The pursuit continued to the Pennyrile Parkway, and then westbound to Interstate 24. Near the 63-mile marker, a Cadiz Police Officer successfully deployed a tire deflation device. The vehicle stopped around the 58-mile marker, where Daniel W. Mosely, 32, of Clarksville was apprehended without incident.
Daniel Mosely was arrested and lodged in the Christian County Detention Center, where he was charged with the following:
- Speeding 26 MPH or > Speed Limit
- Reckless Driving
- Fleeing or Evading Police, 1st Degree (Motor Vehicle)
- Trafficking in Controlled Substance, 1st Degree, 1st Offense- (> or = 2 Grams Methamphetamine) (Enhancement)
- DUI 4th (Aggravated Circumstances)
- Driving DUI Suspended License- 3rd Offense (Aggrivated Circumstances)
- Receiving Stolen Property (Firearm)
- Wanton Endangerment-1st Degree
- Using Restricted Ammo During Felony (No Shots)
Mosely was also served a Christian county warrant for Probation Violation (For Felony Offense), and a Montgomery County warrant for Fugitive (Warrant not Required).
# # #