Hanson, Ky. (Hopkins County) – On May 23, 2020, around 5:53 PM, Trooper Ridge Porter of Kentucky State Police Post 2 in Madisonville, observed the operator of a blue pickup truck not wearing his seat belt, on Factory Outlet Drive in Hanson.
Trooper Porter initiated a traffic stop on the pickup, where he came in contact with the operator, identified as Tony Galbraith, age 50, of Providence, KY. Further investigation revealed Galbraith was in possession of suspected methamphetamine, marijuana, and narcotic pills.
Tony Galbraith was arrested and lodged in the Hopkins County Detention Center, where he was charged with the following:
- Failure to Wear Seat Belts
- DUI 1st
- Drug Paraphernalia- Buy/Possess
- Possession of Controlled Substance 1st Degree, 1st Offense (Methamphetamine)
- Possession of Marijuana
- Prescription Controlled Substance Not Proper Container 1st Offense
- Possession Controlled Substance 1st Degree, 1st Offense (Drug Unspecified)
# # #