Earlington, Ky. (Hopkins County) – Trooper Ridge Porter, of Kentucky State Police Post 2 in Madisonville, observed the operator of a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix not wearing her seat belt in Earlington on June 22, 2020 around 8:05 PM.
Trooper Porter initiated a traffic stop on the vehicle on South Robinson Street, where he identified the operator as 34-year-old Felicia Ann Howard, of Earlington, Ky. Further investigation revealed Howard was under the influence and in possession of suspected methamphetamine, various pills, and drug paraphernalia.
Felicia Howard was arrested and lodged in the Hopkins County Detention Center, where she was charged with the following:
- Failure to Wear Seat Belts
- Improper Equipment
- Failure of Owner to Maintain Required INS/SEC, 1st Offense
- DUI 1st
- Possession of Controlled Substance 1st Degree, 1st Offense (Methamphetamine)
- Possession of Controlled Substance 1st Degree, 1st Offense (Drug Unspecified)
- Drug Paraphernalia – Buy/Possess