Nortonville, Ky. (Hopkins County) – Trooper John Eilert, of Kentucky State Police Post 2 in Madisonville, observed the operator of a 2006 PT Cruiser not wearing his seat belt on South Main Street in Nortonville on June 22, 2020 around 2:27 PM.
Trooper Eilert initiated a traffic stop on the vehicle where he identified the operator as 27-year-old Gevin Lemons, of Owensboro, and his passenger as 38-year-old Nichole Franklin, of Nortonville. Further investigation revealed both occupants were under the influence. A search of the vehicle
Gevin Lemons was arrested and lodged in the Hopkins County Detention Center, where he was charged with the following:
- Failure to Wear Seat Belts
- No Tail Lamps
- Possession of Controlled Substance 1st Degree, 1st Offense (Methamphetamine)
- No Registration Plates
- Failure of Owner to Maintain Required INS/SEC, 1st Offense
- No Operator’s Moped License
- DUI 2nd Offense
- Drug Paraphernalia- Buy/Posses
- Possession of Synthetic Drugs – 2nd or Subsequent Offense
Nichole Franklin was arrested and lodged in the Hopkins County Detention Center, where she was charged with Public Intoxication- Controlled Substance (Excludes Alcohol).