KSP Traffic Stop Leads to Arrest Of Madisonville Woman
Madisonville, Ky. (Hopkins County) – On March 21, 2020 at approximately 11:40 PM, Trooper Cody Kromer, of Kentucky State Police Post 2, observed a 2003 Nissan Altima fail to dim its headlights, and operating carelessly on Dempsey Street. in Madisonville.
Trooper Kromer initiated a traffic stop on the vehicle, where the operator was identified as Candis Mae Spinks, age 39, of Madisonville, Ky. Further investigation revealed Spinks was under the influence, and in possession of suspected methamphetamine, marijuana, and drug paraphernalia.
Candis Spinks was arrested and charged with the following:
- Failure to Dim Headlights
- Careless Driving
- Operating on Suspended or Revoked Operator’s License
- Failure to Surrender Suspended or Revoked Operator’s License
- DUI 2nd
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of Controlled Substance 1st Degree, 1st Offense (Methamphetamine)
- Drug Paraphernalia Buy/Possess