Cave City, KY (March 6th, 2020) – On March 5th, 2020 at approximately 11:50 PM, Trooper Bo Hubbard of Kentucky State Police Post 3 Bowling Green observed a maroon Dodge Ram traveling at a high rate of speed on I-65 near the 53 mile marker northbound.
Trooper Hubbard initiated his emergency equipment to stop the vehicle, but the operator began to flee. The vehicle continued north traveling into Hart, Larue and Hardin Counties. Troopers were able to stop the vehicle near the 93 mile marker of I-65. The operator of the vehicle was identified as Justin J. Halcomb (48) of Louisville.
Justin Halcomb was arrested and lodged in the Barren County Detention Center where he was charged with the following:
- Speeding 26 MPH or > Speed Limit (Limited Access)
- Reckless Driving
- Fleeing or Evading Police, 1st Degree (Motor Vehicle)
- Wanton Endangerment, 1st Degree (Police Officer)
- Criminal Mischief, 2nd Degree
- Failure to or Improper Signal
- Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs 1st
- Failure to Notify Address Change to the Department of Transportation
- Resisting Arrest
# # #