Scottsville, Ky. (Allen County) – On June 17, 2020, around 9:11 PM, Trooper Jason Adkison of Kentucky State Police Post 3 in Bowling Green, observed a 2004 Suzuki GSX-600K being operated in reckless manner and endangering the public on Durahm Springs Road in Allen County.
Trooper Adkison activated his emergency equipment to initiate a traffic stop, but the vehicle accelerated and began to flee. The pursuit continued until the operator lost control of the motorcycle on US 31-E. The operator began to run on foot, but was quickly apprehended. The operator was then identified as 30-year-old Steven K. Hammock, of Scottsville, KY. Investigation revealed the motorcycle was reported stolen out of Macon County, TN.
Steven K. Hammock was arrested and lodged in the Allen County Detention Center, where he was charged with the following:
- Speeding 26 MPH or greater
- Reckless Driving
- No Registration Plate
- Fleeing or Evading Police, 1st Degree (Motor Vehicle)
- Fleeing or Evading Police, 1st Degree (On Foot)
- Receiving Stolen Property U/$10,000
- Resisting Arrest
- Operating on a Suspended Operators License
- Destruction of VIN Number
# # #