Trooper David Jones
Kentucky State Police
Post 6, Dry Ridge
Click here to e-mail Trooper David P. Jones
Update to Murder Investigation in Bourbon County, KY
Date of News Release: 11/18/2005
(Dry Ridge, KY) - Detectives at Kentucky State Police Post 6 are continuing to investigate a double murder after recovery of skeletal remains in rural Bourbon County on Sunday afternoon. The scattered and co-mingled remains were collected by Dr. Emily Craig and removed to the State Medical Examiner's Office. Dr. Craig has completed her initial examination and advised that her examination has revealed the following approximations of the victim's characteristics and clothing:
- age range of late 20's to early 30's
- height range of 4'11" to 5'5"
- short, straight, dark hair
- long, light colored jeans
- short sleeved Fruit of the Loom T-shirt
- cotton briefs
- age range of late teens to early 20's
- height range of 5'5" to 5'8"
- short, straight, black hair
- long, dark jeans
- light colored, short sleeved Starter brand T-shirt
- Hanes cotton bikini briefs
One victim is believed to have been wearing light colored athletic socks and one victim is believed to have been wearing dark dress socks. One of the victims wore low topped hiking boots.
Dr. Craig revealed that her examination shows that both victims had evidence of blunt force trauma as well as multiple wounds from gunshots.
Detective Chris Jaskowiak is leading the ongoing investigation. Anyone with any information regarding the identity of the victims or the murder investigation is encouraged to contact Detective Jaskowiak at (859) 428-1212.