Trooper David Jones
Kentucky State Police
Post 6, Dry Ridge
Click here to e-mail Trooper David P. Jones
Post 6 "Shop with a Trooper"
Date of News Release: 12/09/2008
(Dry Ridge, KY) - On Saturday, December 6, 2008, The Kentucky State Police participated in the "Shop with a Trooper" program this year. The kids ranged between 7-11 years of age and were selected from various social service agencies along with surrounding schools within the 10 counties in the Post 6 service area. The day began at 0830 with breakfast at the Dry Ridge Firehouse (with Santa), shopping at Wal-Mart from 0930 to 1130 and concluded the day with lunch at Edwardo's Pizza. We had kids from each of the 10 counties in the Post 6 service area. The program allows less fortunate kids to spend quality time with a Kentucky State Trooper while shopping at the Dry Ridge Wal-mart.
This year, our donations allowed us to provide 25 kids with $200.00 in assorted Christmas gifts. We wish to thank the following individuals and organizations for their support and sponsorship:
- Rosemarie Gilmartin
- Patricia Harney
- Andrea Wood
- Martin's Sanitation Service of Paris, KY
- Ronnie Hamilton
- Terry & Vicky Evans
- David & Mary Jo Biedenharn
- Bowlin Group LLC
- Moore & Parker Funeral Homes
- Gillespie Mobile Home Movers
- Sechrest Garage & Co.
- Wil Zevely, Attorney at Law
- Lighthouse Freewill Baptist Church Ladies Aux.
- Forcht Bank
- Grant Co. Drugs - Dry Ridge & Williamstown
- Adkins Blankenship Massey & Steelman, PLLC
- Owen Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Crawford & Baxter PSC
- Dennis Kenner
- Jim Crawford, Comm. Attorney
- ITT Tech Criminal Justice Program, Lexington
- Wal-Mart of Dry Ridge
- Edwardo's Pizza of Williamstown
- AMVETS Post 95, Greenup, KY
- Several good Samaritans from Wal-Mart
- Dry Ridge Vol. Fire Department
- Tractor Supply
- The Kroger Company
If you wish to donate to this program, please contact Rick Saint-Blancard, Kentucky State Police, Post 6 at 859-428-1212.