TFC Stu Recke
Public Affairs Officer
Kentucky State Police
Post 2, Nortonville
Click here to e-mail TFC Stu Recke
Post 2 Commander Retiring After 22 Years of Service
Date of News Release: 07/26/2013
Madisonville, KY -- Captain Ricki L. Allen, Commander of Kentucky State Police Post 2 Madisonville, is retiring on July 31, 2013, after 22 years of service with the KSP.
Ricki Allen began his career with the Kentucky State Police in June of 1991. After graduating from the State Police Academy in November of 1991, he was stationed at the Madisonville Post where he was assigned to Caldwell County. In October of 1992, he was assigned to Muhlenberg County.
Throughout his career he has had numerous assignments within the agency:
- 1991 -1997 Trooper, Post 2 Madisonville
- 1997 - 1998 Sergeant, Post 1 Mayfield
- 1998 - 1999 Sergeant, Post 16 Henderson
- 1999 - 2003 Sergeant, Post 2 Madisonville
- 2003 - 2004 Lieutenant, Criminal Identification and Records
- 2004 - 2006 Operations Lieutenant, Post 2 Madisonville
- 2006 - 2008 Captain, Commander Post 16 Henderson
- 2008 - 2009 Major, Forensic Laboratory Troop Commander
- 2009 - 2011 Major, West Troop Commander
- 2011 - 2012 Captain, Commander Post 3 Bowling Green
- 2012 – 2013 Captain, Commander Post 2 Madisonville
During his 22-year-career, Captain Allen has received numerous awards and commendations:
- 1993 Post 2 Trooper of the Year Award
- The Governor's Award for Impaired Driving Enforcement (1993& 1994)
- two Commissioner's Commendations
- 2003 Hometown Peace Officer Award
- Level I Fitness Ribbon (2011 & 2012)
He also served as a field training officer and a range officer.
Prior to joining the KSP, he was a police officer with the Madisonville Police Department from June of 1990 to June of 1991. He graduated from Bremen High School in 1986. He attended Kentucky Wesleyan College from 1986 to 1990. He graduated from Murray State University in 2007 with a BIS Degree in Human Services. He currently resides in Bremen with his wife and two children.