May Activity with June Checkpoint
Date of News Release: 06/03/2014
(MOREHEAD, KY) - Kentucky State Police at Post 8 Morehead announce the final traffic and criminal activity report for May 2014. During May, Post 8 personnel issued 2,561 total citations. Of those citations, 21 were for DUI, 325 were for Speeding, 304 for No Seat Belt, and 34 for Child Restraint. In addition, there were 3,199 Vehicle Inspections and 320 Courtesy Notices issued. Post 8 also investigated 53 Traffic Collisions and investigated 1,182 Complaints. A total of 79 Criminal Cases were opened and 319 Criminal Arrests were made for the month of May 2014.
Additionally, Captain Brian Bowling, Commander of the Kentucky State Police at Morehead, announces that Troopers of the Morehead Post will be conducting Safety Checkpoints in addition to Moving Patrols throughout the Post 8 area during the entire month of June as well the remainder of the year 2014. Motorists are urged to be cautious and obey reduced speeds through road constructions.
This concentrated enforcement effort will utilize Troopers and Detectives assigned to and working the Morehead post area. Members of the Commercial Vehicle Enforcement (CVE) will also be utilized. They will focus on enforcing violations of Speeding, No Seat Belt, Child Restraint, Impaired Driving Laws, and Texting While Driving, as well as other violations of the Traffic Laws of Kentucky.
The Kentucky State Police, in Morehead, is currently seeking applicants for the position of Police Telecommunicator I. This is an important and essential position within the agency. It requires a person that:
- Has excellent communication skills,
- Has the ability to handle very stressful and challenging conditions,
- Can handle flexible work schedules,
- Has the ability to learn and adapt, especially in areas of technology.
KSP telecommunicators provide a lifeline to both citizens in need and officers in the field. They serve to keep law enforcement officers, first responders and the public safe at all times of the day and night.
To apply, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- High school graduate,
- Must have one year of experience in the transmission, receiving and relaying of electronic information for law enforcement, emergency medical, fire, emergency management, military communications, traffic operations or as a multi-line telephone receptionist,
- College will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis,
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony or other crimes pursuant to KRS 15.540.
If you are interested in this position with the Kentucky State Police, Post 8 in Morehead, you may apply at https://careers.ky.gov to be added to the register. If you have any questions, please contact Joyce Waddle, Police Telecommunications Supervisor at 606-784-41274 or email email@example.com.