15 Charged with Cruelty to Animals in Clinton County
Date of News Release: 01/04/2015
(Albany, KY) - Post 15 received an anonymous tip today at approximately 10:09 AM CST, regarding a possible cockfight in progress at a barn on Lee's Chapel Road, 5 miles west of Albany. Tpr. Jason Warriner and Clinton County Sheriff Rick Riddle responded to the location and found a cockfight in progress. The ensuing investigation led to 23 chickens being taken by the Clinton County Animal Control office and 15 criminal arrests. The following were all charged with Cruelty to Animals, 2nd Degree and Criminal Trespassing 2nd Degree:
- 19-year-old Cody Rhule
- 23-year-old Eric Rhule
- 45-year-old Ricky Rhule
- 26-year-old Tabatha Williams
- 39-year-old Kenneth Roberts and 31-year-old Stanley Crabtree, all of Monticello, KY.
- 28-year-old Michael Parker of East Bernstadt, KY
- 47-year-old James Davis Jr. of Edmonton, KY
- 20-year-old Kimberly Bridgman of Jacksonville, IL
- 38-year-old Greg Winchester and 51-year-old Ronald Lawson, both of Glasgow, KY
- 44-year-old Tony Gaddie and 25-year-old Christopher Medcalfe, both of Horse Cave, KY
- 23-year-old Shawn Abner of London, KY
- 45-year-old Johnny Poynter of Cave City, KY
All were lodged in the Clinton County Jail. The investigation is ongoing.