Injury Collision on Picas Austin Road
Date of News Release: 12/27/2015
Providence, KY (Webster County) - The Kentucky State Police investigated a two vehicle injury collision that occurred on Picas Austin Road, approximately four miles East of Providence, on Saturday, December 26, 2015, at 6:54 p.m.
The investigation revealed that 39 year old Terry Melton, of Dixon, KY, was operating a 1990 Toyota Corolla station wagon on Picas Austin Road when he struck a 2004 Chevy Impala head on. The Operator of the Chevy Impala, 30 year old Mindy Davis of Providence, KY, and her juvenile passenger were transported by ambulance to Baptist Hospital in Madisonville for treatment.
Terry Melton was also transported, by ambulance, to Baptist Hospital in Madisonville for treatment. After being treated, Mr. Melton was charged with the following.
- Driving On A DUI Suspended License 1st Offense (Aggravated Circumstances)
- Failure Of Owner To Maintain Insurance 1st Offense
- Possession Of Open Alcoholic Beverage Container In A Motor Vehicle
- Operating a Motor Vehicle Under The Influence Of Alcohol Or Drugs (Aggravated Circumstances) 2nd Offense
- Wanton Endangerment 2nd Degree.