KSP Annual “Cram the Cruiser” Begins November 22nd
Date of News Release: 11/22/2016
Hickory, KY (November 22, 2016) – Starting Tuesday, November 22, 2016 and running through Monday, December 12, 2016 you can help feed needy families for the Christmas Holiday. Tuesday kicks off the annual “Cram the Cruiser” food drive at the Kentucky State Police Post 1. Anyone who wishes can drop off non-perishable food items in the lobby of Kentucky State Police, Post 1, which is located at 8366 State Route, 45 North in Hickory, KY.
Kentucky State Police will take the items to local food pantries, in the post 1 area, for distribution to families in the area.
In addition to collecting food at Post 1, KSP will be set up from 10:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. at the following locations and dates;
- November 22nd at the Kroger store in Murray
- November 23th at the Kroger store in Murray
- November 25th at the Food Giant in Eddyville
- November 26th at the Hancock’s Neighborhood Market in Cadiz
- November 30th at the Kroger store in Murray
- December 1st at the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Benton
- December 2nd at the Food Giant in Cadiz
- December 2nd at the CHIN Restaurant in Paducah (11:00am – 8:00pm)
- December 3rd at the CHIN Restaurant in Paducah (11:00am – 8:00pm)
- December 4th at the CHIN Restaurant in Paducah (11:00am – 8:00pm)
- December 6th at the Kroger store on Park Ave in Paducah
- December 9th at the Kroger store in Murray
- December 10th at the Priceless IGA in Benton
Several local businesses are also giving back to those that give. Scents n More Boutique in Benton, KY will be putting names into a drawing for two $50.00 Gift Cards for anyone that donates a minimum of 2 non-perishable food items at the store located at 1769 Mayfield Hwy, Benton, KY 42025. Also Chin Chinese Restaurant in Paducah will be giving patrons tickets good for $1.00 off the price of their meal if they bring a non-perishable food item to the restaurant on December 2nd, December 3rd, or December 4th while KSP is at the restaurant collecting donations. Chin Chinese Restaurant will also be donating 20% of all sales on these days to the KSP Shop with a Trooper event that will be held in early December.
KSP Post 1 collected 14,550 pounds of food during the 2014 "Cram the Cruiser".