KSP Post 2 March 2016 Activity Report
Date of News Release: 04/04/2016
Madisonville, KY - Captain Brent White, Commander KSP Post 2 Madisonville, reports the following activity for the month of March 2016:
- Arrested 19 Impaired Drivers
- Issued a Total of 881 Citations
- Issued 399 Speeding Citations
- Issued 50 Seatbelt Citations
- Issued 9 Child Restraint Citations
- Issued 508 Courtesy Notices
- Investigated 40 Traffic Crashes
- Assisted 131 Stranded Motorists
- Responded to 646 Calls for Service
- Opened 39 Criminal Cases
- Made 103 Criminal Arrests
**There were two fatal crashes that resulted in the loss of three lives reported in the Post 2 District in March 2016: /p>
- A single-fatality crash occurred in Christian County
- A double-fatality crash occurred in Hopkins County
- Two victims were wearing a seatbelt and one victim was not wearing a seatbelt
Through March 31, 2016, there have been six fatal crashes that resulted in the loss of seven lives reported in the Post 2 District: two victims were not wearing a seatbelt and five victims were wearing a seatbelt.
Through March 31, 2015, eleven people had been killed in nine fatal crashes in the Post 2 District.
KSP has a toll-free number (1-800-222-5555) that citizens can call to confidentially report impaired drivers or criminal activity. They can also download the free KSP mobile phone app. The app provides quick, direct access to KSP including weather, road and traffic information as well as text, voice and photo tip capabilities to report criminal behavior. The app is available for iPhone, iPad and Android applications and can be easily downloaded free of charge through Apple and Google Play stores.
Post 2 serves the following counties: Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Hopkins, Muhlenberg, Todd, and Webster.
**These statistics are still preliminary as KSP waits for all local law enforcement agencies throughout the state to report any crashes and fatalities that may have occurred in their areas.