KSP Post 13 Conducts Drug Round-Up
13 individuals arrested in Letcher and Knott Counties
Date of News Release: 10/23/2017
Hazard, Ky. (October 20, 2017) - Several Kentucky State Police Troopers, along with Commercial Vehicle Enforcement and Fish and Wildlife Officers collaborated in an effort to locate and arrest several drug offenders in Letcher and Knott counties early Friday morning. Indictment warrants were served on thirteen individuals. These arrests were the culmination of investigations related to drug trafficking offenses that occurred between January 2016 and October 2017. Overall, a grand jury returned 22 indictments for offenses in Letcher County and additional arrests are expected as this investigation continues.
The following people were arrested for Trafficking in Controlled Substance or methamphetamine offenses and lodged in the Kentucky River Regional Jail in Hazard.
- Scotty Couch, 44 of Littcarr, KY
- Megan Littrell, 32 of Whitesburg, KY
- Karen Hall, 48 of Deane, KY
- Bennett Banks, 39 of Deane, KY
- Eric Frazier, 35 of Whitesburg, KY
- Harold Gibson, 56 of Deane, KY
- Brittany Maggard, 27 of Thornton, KY
- Dusty Shell, 27 of Whitesburg, KY
- Paul Patton, 41 of Whitesburg, KY
- James Elswick, 36 of Whitesburg, KY
- Steve Sandlin, 39 of Whitesburg, KY
- Phillip Wright, 39 of Whitesburg, KY
- Sonia Breeding, 41 of Mallie, KY
KSP has a toll-free number (1-800-222-5555) that citizens can call to confidentially report impaired drivers or criminal activity. They can also download the free KSP mobile phone app. The app provides quick, direct access to KSP including weather, road and traffic information as well as text, voice and photo tip capabilities to report criminal behavior. The app is available for iPhone, iPad and Android applications and can be easily downloaded free of charge through Apple and Google Play stores.