Kentucky State Police Post 14 Ashland Make Arrests in First National Bank Robbery and First National Bank Attempted Robbery
Date of News Release: 6/15/2017
Ashland, KY (June 14, 2017) – The Kentucky State Police Post 14 Ashland is investigating a robbery of the First National Bank located at 308 N Carol Malone Blvd Grayson, KY. At approximately 1:33 pm on Tuesday June 13, 2017 an unidentified individual, armed with a firearm, entered the bank and demanded cash from a teller. The individual then exited the bank and fled the area with an undisclosed amount of cash. At the time of the robbery the individual was wearing jeans, a construction vest, baseball cap and sunglasses. The individual was approximately 6’2” weighed 250 lbs had short dark hair and a mustache.
No physical injuries were reported by any bank employee.
During the course of the investigation Detectives were able to develop a possible suspect for the attempted robbery of the First National Bank at Rush from the previous date as well as the Robbery today. Information began coming in that the possible suspect was in the area of Norton Branch and 207. On Wednesday, June, 14 2017 at approximately 1229 am Troopers responded to the area and were able to locate Charles A. Hupp.
Charles A. Hupp, age 42, was arrested without incident, lodged in the Carter County Detention Center and charged with the following:
- Robbery 1st Degree
- Theft by Unlawful Taking Auto
- Robbery 2nd Degree (Attempted)
- Persistent Felony Offender I
- Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon
- Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st Degree, 1st Offense (> or = 2gms Heroin)
- Trafficking in a Controlled Substance 1st Degree, 1st Offense (> or = 2gms Methamphetamine)
- Drug Paraphernalia Buy/Possess
- Possession of a Controlled Substance 2nd Degree (Drug Unspecified)
- Persistent Felony Offender I (2 counts)
- Bail Jumping 1st Degree