KSP Post 2 August 2017 Activity Report
Date of News Release: 9/6/2017
MADISONVILLE, KY.(September 6, 2017) – Captain Tim Adams, Commander KSP Post 2 Madisonville, reports the following activity for the month of August 2017:
- Arrested 27 Impaired Drivers
- Issued a Total of 1029 Citations
- Issued 425 Speeding Citations
- Issued 60 Seatbelt Citations
- Issued 7 Child Restraint Citations
- Issued 560 Courtesy Notices
- Investigated 56 Traffic Crashes
- Assisted 377 Stranded Motorists
- Responded to 564 Calls for Service
- Opened 47 Criminal Cases
- Made 135 Criminal Arrests
**There were two fatal crashes that resulted in the loss of two lives reported in the Post 2 District in August 2017:
- One, single fatality crash in Hopkins County at the 117mm On I-69
- One, single fatality crash in Hopkins County on KY-853
Through August 31, 2017, there have been twenty-two (22) persons killed in the Post 2 District: twelve (12) victims were not wearing a seatbelt, seven (6) victims were wearing a seatbelt, one (1) victims seatbelt were unknown, two (2) victims were not wearing a helmet (motorcycle), one (1) victims were wearing a helmet (motorcycle), zero (0) victim helmet was unknown (motorcycle), zero (0) were bicyclists and zero (0) victims were pedestrians. Two (2) fatality crash involved the suspected use of alcohol.
Post 2 serves the following counties: Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Hopkins, Muhlenberg, Todd, and Webster.
**These statistics are still preliminary as KSP waits for all local law enforcement agencies throughout the state to report any crashes and fatalities that may have occurred in their areas.
KSP has a toll-free number (1-800-222-5555) that citizens can call to confidentially report impaired drivers or criminal activity. They can also download the free KSP mobile phone app. The app provides quick, direct access to KSP including weather, road and traffic information as well as text, voice and photo tip capabilities to report criminal behavior. The app is available for iPhone, iPad and Android applications and can be easily downloaded free of charge through Apple and Google Play stores.