Post Two High Crash Locations
Post 2 Crash Locations
(Madisonville, KY) - In an effort to make the roadways of Kentucky and the Post 2 District safer, the Kentucky State Police implemented a selective enforcement program in January of 2002. This program was developed to reduce vehicle crashes and fatalities.
Based on crash information gathered from the previous year, high crash locations have been identified in each county. During a trooper's shift, each trooper will concentrate more of their time in the high crash locations. In the Post 2 District the high crash locations that have been identified are:
- Western Kentucky Parkway between the 8.0 and 21.0 mile marker
- KY 91 between the 14.0 and 23.3 mile marker
- I-24 between the 70.0 and 93.0 mile marker
- Edward T. Breathitt Parkway* between the 8.0 and 23.0 mile marker
- US 60 between the 11.0 and 23.0 mile marker
- US 641 between the 0.0 and 7.0 mile marker
- Edward T. Breathitt Parkway* between the 32.0 and 50.0 mile marker
- Western Kentucky Parkway between the 25.0 and 42.0 mile marker
- US 41 between the 0.0 and 12.0 mile marker
- Western Kentucky Parkway between the 50.0 and 65.0 mile marker
- US 431 between the 3.0 and 13.0 mile marker
- US 431 between the 18.0 and 26.0 mile marker
- US 79 between the 0.0 and 10.0 mile marker
- KY 104 between the 0.0 and 10.0 mile marker
- Edward T. Breathitt Parkway* between the 55.0 and 63.0 mile marker
- US 41A between the 5.0 and 10.0 mile marker
*The Edward T. Breathitt Parkway was formerly known as the Pennyrile Parkway.
It is hoped that this program will increase public awareness and help make the roadways of Kentucky a safer place. The Post 2 District serves the following counties: Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Hopkins, Muhlenberg, Todd, and Webster.