Hopkinsville, Ky. (Christian County) – On December 28, 2020, around 5:01 PM, Trooper Hunter Carroll, of Kentucky State Police Post 2, observed a 2012 Dodge Challenger traveling at a high rate of speed on the Pennyrile Parkway.
Trooper Carroll activated his emergency equipment to initiate a traffic stop, but the suspect began to flee. The pursuit continued approximately 3 miles, until one of the vehicle’s tires burst. The operator lost control of the vehicle and came to a stop near the 4 mile marker. The operator exited the vehicle and began to flee on foot, leaving a female and two juveniles in the car. Trooper Carroll checked the welfare of the three remaining occupants, who reported no injuries.
Through further investigation, Trooper Carroll discovered the operator of the vehicle to be 23-year-old Valdarious D. Starks, of Oak Grove, Ky. Starks was located at a residence in Oak Grove and arrested without incident.
Valdarious D. Starks was lodged in the Christian County Detention Center where he was charged with the following:
- Speeding 26 MPH or > Speed Limit (Limited Access)
- Reckless Driving
- Fleeing or Evading Police,1st Degree (Motor Vehicle)
- Fleeing or Evading Police, 2nd Degree (On Foot)
- 3 Counts of Wanton Endangerment- 1st Degree
- Driving on DUI Suspended License – 1st Offense
- 2 Counts of Failure to use Child Restraint Device in Vehicle
- Failure to Wear Seat Belts
- Leaving Scene of Accident- Failure to Render Aid or Assistance
KSP was assisted at the scene by the Christian County Sheriff’s Department and Hopkinsville Police Department.