Investigates explosive complaints, suspected explosive devices and other related offenses. Renders safe explosive devices, recover explosives, hazardous chemicals and disposal of these items as required. Coordinates Kentucky State Police activities involving training law enforcement and fire departments in explosive operations. Conducts on-site examinations of scenes involving explosives and other related offenses to collect physical evidence, photographs and sketches of scenes. Arrests and interrogates suspects. Prepares detailed reports of explosives and hazardous devices investigations. Operates specialized explosive disposal equipment and conducts disposal operations. Performs other duties as required.
· Possess at least five (5) years of experience involving explosives or hazardous devices used in the areas of law enforcement, the military, or firefighting;
· Meet the minimum qualification for becoming a certified peace office as provided by KRS 15.382
Preferred Certifications (not required)
· Certified Peace Officer Professional Standards (POPS)
· Graduate of FBI Hazardous Devices School (HDS) or Military Explosives Ordnance Disposal School (EOD)
· $36,413 – $50,337 Annually or $3,034 – $4,194 Monthly
· Investigators also receive a $4,000.00 annual training stipend (effective August 1, 2016).
· Health Insurance: May choose one of a variety of health insurance plans offered with dependent coverage at additional charge.
· Life Insurance: The Commonwealth of Kentucky provides a $20,000 term life insurance policy.
· Vacation: Paid vacation time is accrued according to years of service.
· Sick Leave: You accrue one sick day for every month worked. You can accumulate up to one (1) year of sick time.
· Military Leave: Any member of the military reserve or National Guard is entitled to a maximum of 21 working days per year of paid military leave.
· Holidays: 11-1/2 paid holidays per year. (12-1/2 in years if there is a presidential election.)
Deadline to Apply
· Close of business April 19th, 2021
· Physical Standards Test, Bomb Tech Assessment and Oral Board
· Dates May 3rd and 4th 2021
· Times: TBD
· Location: Lexington, KY
Please Contact Investigator Michael Rigdon for more information at email@example.com or 859-293-4500