Mayfield, KY. (Graves County) – Kentucky State Police, Post 1 in Mayfield is currently seeking applicants for the position of Network Analyst III . Post 1 covers Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Livingston, Lyon, Marshall, McCracken, and Trigg Counties. This position is for the Post 1 communication technician, who will be required to maintain all mobile radios, radar systems, data routers, sirens and lights. The technician will be required to work Monday through Friday and be on-call 24/7. Due to this aspect of the position, a take-home vehicle is provided. Key responsibilities include:
- This position will perform analysis of a complex terrestrial, omnidirectional, wireless, 124 site communications network including design, planning, implementation, operation service, and support of digital transceivers (common carrier interface and extraterrestrial satellite), routers, switches, consoles, PCs, modems, and end user hardware. Maintains inventory control of parts and test.
- Installation, modification, repair, and maintenance of peripheral end-user devices/interfaces with KSP networks/systems. Oversees procurement, inventory, and customer needs assessment. Conducts training sessions on equipment maintenance procedures, radio and radar operations and other sub-system programs.
- Responsible for design, planning, implementation, operation service, and support for other KSP critical networks/systems including (not limited to) VoiceOver IP telephony 911 PBX, computerized detection systems, multiplexed point-to-point, video, and satellite/terrestrial.
- Provide Project Management for complex network and radio projects in the form of initiating, planning executing, and closing the work of a team of in-house staff, communications providers and various technology vendors to achieve specific goals and meet criteria of network system transitions and migrations.
- Maintain documentation of network configuration. Review, prepare and maintain operational records and reports including daily activity reports, timesheets, equipment inventory, system status reports and other technical and administrative reports as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KSP Network Analysts are valuable assets to the agency, maintaining the successful function of the Post 1 radio network and associated console. Their work provides clear communication between telecommunicators and first responders in the field. The starting salary of a Network Analyst III is $38,770.08 a year, with the opportunity for overtime pay. Health, dental, and vision insurance is available as well.
To apply, the applicant should meet the preferred requirements:
- Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree, OR, graduate of a college or university with an associate’s degree in electrical engineering.
- Three years of network analysis experience OR four years experience in computer programming, network technician services, systems analysis, systems support, or production support.
- There are instances where the above requirements may be met with comparable education and experience. Please see the full job posting by following the link below.
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony or other crimes pursuant to KRS 15.540.
If you are interested in this position with the Kentucky State Police, Post 1 in Mayfield, you may apply at https://kypersonnelcabinet.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=24185&site=2 to be added to the register. If you have any questions, please contact Barry Sanford with the KSP Communications Branch at 502-782-2065. Applications must be submitted no later than May 30, 2021 (6:00 PM CST).
# # #