SACRAMENTO, Ky. (October 1, 2022) – Authorities have confirmed the identity of the deceased man discovered inside the residence. Jeff E. Helm, 69, of Sacramento died on-scene inside the house where he lived.
The investigation is on-going.
Original News Release below:
SACRAMENTO, Ky. (October 1, 2022) – Kentucky State Police detectives are investigating a structure fire that killed a Sacramento man this morning. The fire was reported to McLean County Dispatch around 8:45 am. The residence is located in the 300 block of Garrett Street in Sacramento (McLean Co).
Kentucky State Police detectives and Kentucky State Fire Marshals are currently working to determine a cause; however, early indications suggest a faulty portable heater may have caused the fire.
An autopsy will be conducted Monday in Madisonville to further assist in the investigation and identification. No foul play is suspected.
The investigation is on-going by Kentucky State Police, Kentucky State Fire Marshal and the McLean County Coroner’s Office.
KSP was assisted by: McLean County Sheriff’s Office; McLean County EMS; Sacramento and Central Vol Fire Departments.
# # #