Madisonville, Ky.-The Kentucky State Police Post 2 in Madisonville is currently seeking applicants for the position of Police Telecommunicator II. Post 2 covers Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Hopkins, Muhlenberg, Todd, and Webster Counties. This is an important and essential position within the agency. It requires a person that:
- Has excellent communication skills;
- Has the ability to handle extremely stressful and challenging conditions;
- Can handle flexible work schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays;
- Has the ability to learn and adapt, especially in areas of technology.
KSP telecommunicators provide a lifeline to both citizens in need and officers in the field. They serve to keep law enforcement officers, first responders and the public safe at all times of the day and night.
To apply, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have three years of experience in the transmission, receiving and relaying of electronic information for law enforcement, emergency medical, fire, emergency management, military communications or traffic operations. College will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis up to a maximum of two years.
- Must be a certified telecommunicator by the KLEC & currently certified as a LINK/NCIC operator.
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony or other crimes pursuant to KRS 15.540.
Starting a career with the Kentucky State Police as a telecommunicator gives you the opportunity to observe different career paths available within the agency. Whether you choose a different path within the agency or remain in telecommunications, dispatching will build a solid foundation for whatever path you take.
If you are interested in this position with the Kentucky State Police, Post 2 in Madisonville, you may apply at https://careers.ky.gov to be added to the register. If you have any questions, please contact Ronald Cobb, Police Telecommunications Supervisor by email at Ronald.Cobb@ky.gov Applications must be submitted no later than June 7, 2020 (7:00 PM CST).
# # #