Mr. Baker continued to flee on his moped until he lost control and wrecked
Nortonville, KY (Hopkins County) – On July 20, 2018 at approximately 11:00 PM, Trooper Austin Cornett initiated his emergency equipment to stop moped that failed to signal before making a turn. The operator, later identified as Jacob Baker, 29, of White Plains, failed to yield to Trooper Cornett’s emergency equipment.
Mr. Baker continued to flee on his moped until he lost control and wrecked while attempting to make a turn. Baker continued to flee on foot, but was shortly subdued by Trooper Cornett and Trooper Cody Kromer.
Jacob Baker was arrested and lodged in the Hopkins County Detention Center where he was charged with the following:
1) Failure to or Improper Signal
2) Disregarding Stop Sign
3) Fleeing or Evading Police, 1st Degree (Motor Vehicle)
4) Fleeing or Evading Police, 2nd Degree (On Foot)
5) Resisting Arrest
6) Assault 3rd Degree- Police Officer or Probation Officer
7) Reckless Driving
8) License to be in Possession
9) DUI 1st Offense (Aggravated Circumstance)