Powderly, Ky. (Muhlenberg County)– Trooper Patrick Penrod, of Kentucky State Police Post 2 in Madisonville, observed a 1999 Ford Explorer commit several traffic violations on July 29, 2020 around 10:45 P.M.
Trooper Penrod initiated a traffic stop on the vehicle on Airport Drive in the Powderly community. The operator was identified as 42-year-old Margie Nel Ward, of Beechmont, Ky. Also in the vehicle was her passenger, 40-year-old Jenny Lynn Dearmond, of Drakesboro, Ky. Further investigation revealed Ward was operating under the influence, and trafficking prescription pills. Dearmond was found to be in possession of suspected methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.
Margie Nel Ward was arrested and lodged in the Muhlenberg County Detention Center, where she was charged with the following:
- Improper Equipment
- Failure to or Improper Signal
- Careless Driving
- Failure of Owner to Maintain Required INS/SEC, 1st Offense
- No Registration Receipt
- DUI 1st
- Trafficking in Controlled Substance, 3rd Degree, 1st Offense (>OR=20 but <OR=120 Dosage Units Drug Unspecified)
- Prescription Controlled Substance not in Proper Container 1st Offense
- Failure to Wear Seat Belts
Jenny Lynn Dearmond was arrested and lodged in the Muhlenberg County Detention Center, where she was charged with the following:
- Possession of Controlled Substance, 1st degree, 1st Offense (Methamphetamine)
- Drug Paraphernalia- Buy/Possess
Jenny Dearmond was also served a Muhlenberg County warrant for Failure to Appear.