Telecommunicators provide a lifeline to both citizens in need and officers in the field.
The Kentucky State Police Post 2 in Madisonville is currently seeking applicants for the position of Police Telecommunicator I. Post 2 covers Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Hopkins, Muhlenberg, Todd, and Webster Counties. This is an important and essential position within the agency. It requires a person that:
- Has excellent communication skills;
- Has the ability to handle extremely stressful and challenging conditions;
- Can handle flexible work schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays;
- Has the ability to learn and adapt, especially in areas of technology.
KSP telecommunicators provide a lifeline to both citizens in need and officers in the field. They serve to keep law enforcement officers, first responders and the public safe at all times of the day and night.
To apply, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- High school graduate,
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony or other crimes pursuant to KRS 15.540.
Starting a career with the Kentucky State Police as a telecommunicator gives you the opportunity to observe different career paths available within the agency. Whether you choose a different path within the agency or remain in telecommunications, dispatching will build a solid foundation for whatever path you take.
If you are interested in this position with the Kentucky State Police, Post 2 in Madisonville, you may apply at https://careers.ky.gov to be added to the register. If you have any questions, please contact Chris King, Police Telecommunications Supervisor by email at Chrise.King@ky.gov. Applications must be submitted no later than August 19, 2018.