Bowling Green, Ky.-The Kentucky State Police Post 3 in Bowling Green is currently seeking applicants for the position of Police Telecommunications Supervisor. Post 3 covers Allen, Barren, Butler, Edmonson, Hart, Logan, Warren and Simpson Counties. This is an important and essential position within the agency. Key Responsibilities include:
- Supervise a shift of telecommunicators in the preparation, sending, and receiving of law enforcement and emergency management personnel communications
- Train new telecommunicators on operations, policy, procedures and equipment
- Maintain filing system of communication records as required by Kentucky State Police and the Federal Communication Commission
- Oversee training of personnel when policy, procedure or federal requirements changes occur
- Produce and send communications via Law Enforcement Teletype system
- Prepare and distribute instructional materials and manuals
- Serve as the acting Radio Room supervisor in the absence of the supervisor
- Perform the duties of a Police Telecommunicator as the work load dictates
- Approve subordinates time and complete performance evaluations
The Police Telecommunications Supervisor is an integral part of the Kentucky State Police Radio Room. In addition to performing the duties of a Telecommunicator this individual oversees all activities within the radio room, trains and equips new telecommunicators with the skills and knowledge to be effective and efficient in their daily responsibilities and implements changes necessary to ensure Trooper safety. Due to the nature of 24 hour operations the applicant must be willing to work a flexible shift.
To apply, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have seven years of experience in the transmission, receiving and relaying of electronic information for law enforcement, emergency medical, fire, emergency management, military communications or traffic operations. College will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis up to a maximum of four years.
- Must be a certified telecommunicator by the KLEC & currently certified as a LINK/NCIC operator.
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony or other crimes pursuant to KRS 15.540.
If you are interested in this position with the Kentucky State Police, Post 3 in Bowling Green, you may apply at https://careers.ky.gov to be added to the register. If you have any questions, please contact Lieutenant Jeremy Smith by email at Jeremy.Smith@ky.gov Applications must be submitted no later than June 8, 2020 (7:00 PM CDT).
# # #