Madisonville(November 2, 2017) – The Kentucky State Police would like to offer periodic reminders to drivers who travel our roadways.
Our agency strives daily to ensure the safety of the motoring public. Some of these proactive measures include various traffic safety checkpoints and saturating known problematic areas in the district through general patrol tactics.
The Kentucky State Police utilizes traffic safety checkpoints to promote safety for motorists using the public roadways and to provide a deterrent for those who violate laws contained in the Kentucky Revised Statutes.
The intent of a traffic safety checkpoint is to provide for a high visibility, public safety service, focusing on operator impairment, vehicular equipment deficiencies (confirming appropriate registration and insurance of vehicles) and the valid licensing of drivers. Other violations of law and/or other public safety issues that arise will be addressed.
These checkpoints will allow the Kentucky State Police the opportunity to periodically concentrate its efforts in checking for violations of Kentucky traffic and regulatory laws that will ultimately increase the safety of the citizens within the Commonwealth.
Listed below are the supervisory-approved traffic safety checkpoint locations in the Kentucky State Police Post 2 District:
- KY 91 at the KY 139 intersection
- KY 126 at the KY 672 intersection
- US 62 at the Lyon County line
- KY 297 at the US 60 intersection
- US 641 at the Crayne Post Office
- US 60 at the KY 365 intersection
- KY 91 at the KY135 intersection
- Fort Campbell Boulevard at the KY and TN state line to Gate 4 of Fort Campbell Military Base
- US 41 at the KY 800 intersection
- KY 91 at the KY 1026 (Clark Store Sinking Fork Rd) intersection
- KY 107 at the KY 1682 intersection
- KY 507 at the KY 508 intersection
- KY 109 at the M.J. Boyd intersection
- US 62 at the KY 813 intersection
- US 41 at the US 62 intersection
- US 41 at the KY 112 intersection
- US 41A at the KY 630 intersection
- KY 70 at the KY 109 intersection
- US 431 at the KY 176 intersection
- KY 181 at the KY 601 intersection
- US 431 at the KY 70 (Browder) intersection
- KY 189 at the KY 70 (Front Street) intersection
- KY 81 at the KY 181 intersection
- US 79 at the KY 102 intersection
- KY 181 at the KY 507 intersection
- KY 181 at the Chestnut Road intersection
- US 41A at the KY 56 and KY 873 intersection
- KY 109 North of Clay at the 10 mile maker
- KY 56 at the Old Beech Grove Road intersection
- KY 109 at the KY 670 intersection
Traffic Safety checkpoint locations in the Post 2 District may also be located at our web site:http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/posts/press/post2_checkpoints.html
KSP has a toll-free number (1-800-222-5555) that citizens can call to confidentially report impaired drivers or criminal activity. They can also download the free KSP mobile phone app. The app provides quick, direct access to KSP including weather, road and traffic information as well as text, voice and photo tip capabilities to report criminal behavior. The app is available for iPhone, iPad and Android applications and can be easily downloaded free of charge through Apple and Google Play stores.